Saturday, July 21, 2007

The clock is ticking!

Hey Gang!

Sorry for not updating in a while but I've been busy and, to be honest, wasn't in the mood to update the blog. Sorry!

Anyway, that is beside the point. Everything has been going great except for one little hiccup about a week ago. Usually Madeleine moves a TON all the time but for about two days Courtney hadn't been feeling her as much which worried her. She called the doctor and he said to come in just to be sure. So they hooked her up to a fetal monitor which captured the heart beat and Courtney was supposed to push a button every time she felt Maddie move. The reason is because every time the baby moves the heart rate should go up. So after about 20 minutes the doctor came in and didn't look too thrilled with the result. He said that she was borderline failing the "Non-stress test" but said to give it more time. So we did it for another 40 minutes and he came in and saw a good result so he decided all was well. He did say that it was probably good that we came in but that everything is on the up and up. That was a little freaky but not too bad.

Other than that the only thing going on is that we are going to our birthing classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next two weeks. We've already done one week and have learned breathing techniques and learned about the birthing process and relaxation techniques. One thing I'm sure Courtney would want me to include is that we had to watch these birthing videos that showed like three ladies giving birth and I pretended like I was watching (like my face was pointing at the TV) but my eyes were looking elsewhere. Courtney called me a sissy and told me that she was "going to tell my mom". Whatever.

Anyway, here is a pic that we took today so you can see the Courtney in all her largeness!

No comments: