Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well, this post has been a long time coming. With all the craziness of the past month I must apologize for the tardiness of this post. But lets get talk about Christmas 2008.

This is Courtney and I's first Christmas at home. Not her parents or my parents house... our HOME! The first year to put up a tree, to have the opportunity to hang lights (which I didn't actually do... yeah, I suck), and sleep in our own bed on Christmas night. What a great feeling to know that we didn't have to travel. Contributing to the need to stay at home was the fact that I had to work the day after Christmas. More on work in another post.

My beautiful sister Mackensey was in town for the holiday and Maddie got used to calling her "Mac". We woke Maddie up in the morning, the picture below is literally just as we walked in the door. She was very happy to see us! Courtney, Mac and I had all showered and gotten ready before hand and so we simply went over the "Ma" and "Pa"'s house to open presents. Before we left, however, we introduced Maddie to her new kitchen. She has loved making pretend soup for Court and I. She grabs her dishware, dips them into the sink, puts them in her mouth and says "mmm". So cute!

So we spent the day at the Wildebaur's house and had a great Christmas dinner and spent time with the family. Needless to say, Maddie made out like a bandit. She got books, a Dora the Explorer fort, a play house of sorts, and much much more. The pictures below tell the complete story. Enjoy!

Good Morning Baby!Happy to see Mama!
Aunt Mac came to visit for Christmas!
A new kitchen for Christmas

A Carter family trait... Maddie's first DVD... Sleeping Beauty
























No comments: