Monday, February 2, 2009

Good bye HHSA!

Well, after waiting for almost four months to get a job out here in California and working at that job for another four months, I have been laid off. Now must people would agree that the county is one of the safest places to work no matter the economy... as the county has never really done lay-offs. Well, welcome to 2009 where anything is possible.

I was a training officer for the Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency. In this position I created curriculum and trained county employees on a ton of different subjects (actually I should say that I would have trained as I never had to opportunity due to my short stint there). As a result of the horrible economy and some poor budgeting within the agency there was a need to cut about 225 position, of that the training department was decimated leaving only one. So here are some pictures from my last few days as a training officer.

Our work space... my cubicle is the one with the box beneath the desk.

My good buddy Cathy who I couldn't have survived without. We became great friends and I hope to stay in touch with her a ton! She was awesome to work with and hang out with, even though she CANNOT parallel park.

My desk... yeah yeah, it is a bit messy... what can I say, I wasn't motivated to clean.

Our workspace looking the opposite way.

Sarah and Devo, the support staff. These beautiful women were amazing people to work with and became good friends. Sarah, being the only person younger than me, was given the little sister treatment that Sierra and Mac are so accustomed to. Devo was amazing and gave us hugs from the day we got laid off till the day we left.

Ryan (Ry-guy as I called him), the sole survivor of the lay offs. Yeah, now he gets to train and train and train... not so much fun.

Jose... this guy always kept me on my toes. Very intelligent fellow.

The lay-off wall... too bad I didn't get a picture of the lay off umbrella... just check out my facebook page to see that.

Janice, an amazing person and boss. I'll miss her!

No comments: